Hire your competition’s best employees before they come hiring yours
Attracting and retaining accounting talents is getting harder by the day according to a recent poll by a top recruitment agency (did not include the name as I don’t want this post to serve as any form of endorsement). Companies in this now economy require accounting and finance professionals with generation next finance skill sets. Getting these kinds of accountants gives board members concern as having them is very key to succeeding as a business.
Attracting and retaining top accounting talents can never be harder than it has recently become. It is a well known fact that top talents is an organization’s most valuable asset as people cannot be replicated – though they can be replaced.
This article on how to attract and retain top accounting talents is written to assist human resource managers that are struggling to fill accounting openings. The rest of this post will dwell on briefly discussing things that a company can do to attract and retain top accounting talents.
5 Ways to Attract and Retain Top Accounting Talents
- Building online presence: every hybrid accountant now consider a company’s online presence and strategy as a yardstick for selecting where to work. The generation X, generation Y and the millennia feel that their peers in other companies where online presence is very strong will view them as being awkward and backward. So, endeavor to have an online blogger outreach program specifically designed to make your business visible online so as to attract top notch accounting talents.
- Top notch website: A potential employee visits a potential employer’s website to gather pre-interview information. A top accounting talent will simply decline your offer if there is little to no information on the website. It is no longer that expensive to get a top notch website, so there is no excuse about not having a deserving website.
- Social media presence: this ties directly to the first point made in this post about building strong online presence. Having a reputable social media presence does not only help a company attract and retain top accounting talents but also serves as a strategic business intelligence gathering tool that data driven leaders are using to make superb economic decisions. Engage the service of an expert today to perform a social audit on your company for suitable recommendations.
- Post detailed job post: nothing puts potential employees off than seeing a vague job description on the job advertisement. The only people would probably be attracted are those that have been trying so hard to get their first accountancy job as fresh graduates. I could not have imagined myself apply to any job opening as an accountant without having prior detailed information about the job description for the accounting position.
- Employ the service of an enterprise recruitment agency: in as must as many companies have a well equipped and well staffed human capital management and recruitment department, getting the services of a company that is dedicated to recruiting the best of the best is a strategic management decision that most successful organizations don’t think twice before making a decision on it. Getting enterprise recruitment experts will be well worth the effort if the monetary implication is within the company limit.
Modern top accounting talents are both innovative and disruptive in nature and would not hesitate to grab an accounting job (or any job for that matter) if they sense that they would be given the freedom to be as disruptive as they want. Parts of the points discussed above are indicative of a company that is open to positive changes.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article on how to attract and retain top accounting talents. Please do leave your thoughts in the comment section below.