If you have friends who are accountants and you are wondering what item will make perfect sense for Christmas and new-year, read on as this article highlights the views of 298 professional accountants. This article will give you some Xmas gift ideas for friend or colleague that is an accountant. The ideas here are based on the result of a recent survey conducted by an independent research outfit set out to find out what yuletide gifts are appreciated more by professionals.
Five top gift items that are most valued by accountants
Below are what the correspondents say they would appreciate as Christmas and New year gifts.
- Pay for their professional body subscription: the survey shows that professional accountants have high regards for anyone who is so kind to pay for their subscription. They believe whoever pays for their subscription has their professional career at heart.
- Buy him or her corporate suit: accountants are business professionals and to an extent represent the company that employs them. For this reason, more than 60% of the accountants that were surveyed said they would prefer business dress as Christmas gift.
- Pair of shoes and designer perfumes: who said that looking good is not good business? The fact that professional accountants are somewhat geeky does not make them unaware of their looks. Over 90% of the respondents said they would be happy if they receive Christmas hamper that include any fashionable item.
- Tablets and portable gadgets: the digitalised nature of finance and accounting working environment has made it possible for accountants to work from anywhere in the world. Accountants that were surveyed said that the liberal acceptance of BYOD (bring your own device) in many organization is the reason behind their choice of portable gadget over the traditional electronic appliances like laptops.
- Video Game: this is a surprise item on the list of gifts preferred by accountants. I used to think that I am the only one with accounting background that can be glued to my game console for hours without thinking of what to eat. I cannot explain the reason behind, but my instinct tells me that it has something to do with temperaments. Sorry, but I am not a psychologist hence cannot go explaining the relationship between gift choice, profession and temperament.
Am convinced that these Christmas gift ideas for accountants and other finance professionals are helpful that are provided in this article bearing in mind that accountants are picky by nature.
I guess you will be as surprised as I am not to find accounting books as one of the items that accountants will want for Xmas gift. This survey goes a long way to show that accountants are not all number crunchers as many think, Merry Xmas and happy New Year.